“The decree of the 26 october 2010″ related to technical specifications and energy performance requirements for new buildings and new parts of existing facilities” as well as the 2010-1269 decree of the 26 october 2010, set the implementing rules of the RT2012. The regulation concerns all building permits since the 28 of October 2011 for new buildings designed to be used as work offices or teaching spaces, childcare host institutions, residential buildings in ANRU area (Agence Nationale pour la Rénovation Urbaine) to other tertiary buildings one year after the publication of specific decrees that should start some time in 2011 for all buidling permits filed since the 1st of January 2013 for the other new residential buildings.
The RT2012 emphaizes a transition toward an obligation of result instead of a due care just like the previous regulations. This obligation of result is based on :
- Bioclimatic needs : minimum energy performance requirements of the assembly for the heat, the cooling and the artificial light. This take into account the thermal isolation and will help to promote the bioclimatic design of a building. Depending on the building localization, variations will be accepted.
- The maximal primary energy consumption
- 5 use taken into consideration : heating, production of sanitary hot water, cooling, lightning and plug like RT2005 below 50kwh/square meters per year in average.
RT2012 regulation makes the list mandatory
- The use of renewable energy (RE) in detached-house
- Airtightness treatment
- The treatment of thermal bridges
- Access to natural lightning
- The monitoring of energy consumptions by use
The respect of the RT2012 regulation
In order to ensure the respect of this regulation, the following elements have to be done :
- An administration’s inspection (state or local authority) will be held every year regarding a representative sample of new constructions
- Thermal softwares will have to go through an evaluation process
- A certificate of the RT2012 should be hand over at the time of the permit building request and at the building completion ( decree of 05/18/2011)
- The contracting authority should establish at the end of the work a standardized recap of the thermal analysis and keep it during 5 years at the disposal of the buyer, the inspector and the organization of energy diagnosis.
Various positioning in part of buildings or buildings used as residential locations
Art.23 ‘ Detached-houses or houses that are join as well as residential community buildings or part of them are provided with systems that are able to measure or estimate the energy consumption of each dwelling-house, except for indivual systems working on wood fuel for detached or join houses. In the case of community energy production, the energy consumed by the residential place includes the portion of the overall energy consumption of that place in accordance to an allocation key defined by the contracting authority at the time of the buidling construction. Those systems will help to keep the occupants aware of their energy consumption. The information is delivered by energy type in the living space at least according to the following distribution :
- heating system
- production of sanitary hot water
- system of power outlets
Nevertheless, in the case of a contracting authority who is also the future owner and lessor of the constructed building, especially for social housing, this information can be delivered to occupants at least monthly by post or electronically and not direclty in the living space. This distribution can be based either on measured data, or on estimated data thanks to a configuration beforehand defined.
Various positioning in part of buildings or buildings not used as residential locations
Art. 31. ‘ Various positioning in part of buildings or buildings not used as residential locations are fit with systems able to measure or calculate the energy consumption :
- for the heating : by bracket of 500 square meters of SURT concerned either by an electrical board, or by a floor or by direct departure
- for the cooling : by bracket of 500 square meters of SUUT concerned either by an electrical board, or by a floor or by direct departure
- for the production of sanitary hot water
- for the lightning : by bracket of 500 square meter of SURT concerned either by an electrical board or by floor
- for the system of power outlets : by bracket of 500 square meter of SURT concerned either by an electrical board or by floor
- for ventilation stations : by station
- for direct departure higher than 80A